The Gladiators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Together in, together out since 2007

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iron challenge team hunting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mom
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2018-07-11

Iron challenge team hunting Empty
PostSubject: Iron challenge team hunting   Iron challenge team hunting EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 7:20 pm

Recently I heard one of the Calypso Advisors in Icarus say that teaming up on mobs you have Iron Challenge for was "impossible" and kinda bullshit, so I thought a bit about it.

The problem basically is that the one doing most dmg to the mob gets the kill points for the Iron Mission too. I still think it is not worthless to try, since a team can take on bigger mobs than solo, and grinding through 16000+ Punys can be a bit tedious.

There are several possible solutions I came up with.

• Everybody in team should use the same dps weapon, e.g. all maxed Bukin's on Snarksnots, as an example. This way the distribution of kills should be rather random, as always somebody will miss/have mob dodge more often than somebody else.
  • The one(s) with bigger dps weapons should shoot less often. That wey the one(s) with lower dps will get a kill. The next kill, the higher dps users can claim, and then start anew again. This is not as accurate as using the same dps however.
  • This can be extended to a simple roundabout system, where most dmg on mob is changing to next team member after each kill.
  • If teamed up with somebody who does need kills for an Iron you already have done, you can also damage the mob for like 40-45%, and then stop shooting.

Careful with healing, since this counts somehow too now since MA destroyed the team loot rule system, though I am not 100% sure if it doesn't just count for loot only.

Looking forward to hear your opinion/experience and feedback ofc.
Back to top Go down

Iron challenge team hunting
Page 1 of 1