The Gladiators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Together in, together out since 2007

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Beginner FAQ

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mom
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2018-07-11

Beginner FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Beginner FAQ   Beginner FAQ EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 2:48 pm

Some frequently encountered questions from new players, please keep posting below so i can add em up here.

There is also a in general FAQ here.

Have a look at the scamming prevention guide too, please.

Q: Some of my items seem to be worth nothing (Sweat, Nova/Blazar Fragement, Bones etc...), can i sell them to the trade terminal?
NO! People pay a lot more for stuff like that. Have a look at Market Value. Auction fee is 0.50 ped per auction, so might be worthwile to stockpile stuff and/or sell to a street trader.

Q: I ran out of ammo / my gun broke / my golden buttocks need repairs. Can you give me some PEDs?
NO! IF we decide we give out stuff, it is OUR decision, not yours. Beggars will not be tolerated in our soc. You can sweat or deposit money or trade, just like everybody else, show some self-respect. Doing stage 2 of gauntlet for the first time gives you 10 PED worth of universal ammo, cycle that to shrapnel, then sell it, if you need cash.

Q: How can I tell if I profit when hunting/mining/crafting?
Before starting a hunting/mining run, empty your materials and resources tab in inventory and go in with a defined amount of consumables, like 100 PED ammo. Regularly check the value of your remaining ammo versus the value of the stuff you looted, say after 20% of ammo burned, 50%, and so on. Same for probes.
Of course "the big hit" might pop op with the last shot, but it usually does not, so that method is a good indicator if loot is good or not.
Crafting is a bit different since you don't need to have the blueprint ingredients in your inventory. Thus, you need to calculate the cost per click (TT value+Markup of all ingredients), then multiply by the number of clicks you want to do. Now instead of doing e.g. 100 clicks straight, you can first do 20 and count, then do another 30, etc.

Q: Can I use a self-made or third-party tool to grind skills/auto-sweat/whatever while i am busy doing the same on 10 other online games?
MA clearly forbids this in their EULA and we also do not tolerate this in our soc, which has a reputation to lose.

Q: My gun/tool does not work anymore, even though it shows it has some value left on it.
Most probably you have attached something to it that is now broken. Unequip the gun/tool, detach attachments, and it should work again.

Q: Why can't I see soc members logging in / out?
Go to the society terminal, user list, and add em all to your Friend List. Will not help if the soc member set some restrictions on his privacy settings though.

Q: Where can I find mob XY?
Have a look here. Also can try here, or here. Or ask in soc chat.

Q: I cannot move anymore, I am stuck at a slope/under water/behind some door in some destroyed outpost, can you rescue me?
If possible, someone can of course try to fly/swim close enough with a vehicle so you can enter it. Sometimes it might be faster or even the only way to press T and wait 60 secs for respawn though. If all fails, np to ask in soc chat of course.

Q: I cannot invite somebody to my team.
The avatar is in a team already and has to leave that first, or you are not team leader.

Q: How do I leave a team?
Click on the X button in top right of the Window with the team name.

Q: I cannot loot a creature.
Can be one of three reasons: 1. bug 2. somebody else did more dmg to it than you (sometimes not visible, if the mob regenerated again) 3. you are alone in a team*
(* Tip: you have 3 minutes to loot, so be fast to ask a friend on Friend List if he can accept a team invite on short notice, and if so: invite, then loot, then close team for good's sake)

Q: I went on a TP run/team hunt with the soc, but using my mighty neutron cannon, I only got tiny loot share. How can I leave this scammer soc?
Your loot corresponds to your damage done, when in team, or when hunting shared mobs. The ones getting way much more loot than you also spent way much more PED doing so, no worries.
Besides, there is no need to shoot on a TP run, especially if you don't have the TP yet.

Q: I did Gauntlet in Icarus as you told me, but I did not get either of Vivo S10, 100k Uni Ammo, or Rookie Beacon Mission.
1. That stuff you will only get when doing Gauntlet for the first time. Later on, you will only get 1 daily token until you are higher than lvl 10 in any combat profession.
2. Getting the reward requires a certain amount of damage done, so you need to shoot too.

Q: Jester D-1 seems to be an uber gun, why do you laugh about it?
Q: I was told that this and that gun is way better than my own, so I bought it.
Q: I've seen a lot of guns that have more dps than the one I use, why do you keep saying I should stick to my toys since I can't hunt real critters?
Have a look at the scamming prevention guide. Jester D-1 especially is a decade old newbie scam. Also be aware that you have to be in the "learning period" (see item info) of an item to be able to use it properly. Using non-sib (=items without learning period) from the beginning is an utter waste of money. Look at your hit ability with any non-sib level 100 weapon and compare it to tt gear.

Q: The game says I entered a PVP zone. Will I lose things from my inventory when somebody kills me now?
No. All PVP zones on planet you can just walk into are always non-lootable (At least on Calypso). To enter the PVP zones on planet that are lootable, you need to buy and use an anti-toxic shot from the TT first to be able to enter them. Each time you get killed in lootable pvp again.  Lootable zones are indicated as red areas on your map. Rule of thumb: space is the only lootable PVP zone you can enter without an anti-tox shot.

Q: My car keeps getting destroyed by the evil mobsters all the time.
Learn about mob aggression level and attack range. This is best done on foot, maybe with a soc TP run. In time, you will know how much distance is best kept from a certain mob. Some mobs are faster than your car, so no use trying to outrun them. Others do so much damage, they blow your ride up in a fart.
Thus, when getting attacked and taking damage, just hop out of your wheels and get killed instead of your ride. You can "Recall it to Storage" after revive, with no scratch on the paint job, if you are lucky. If all failed and the car is beyond repair: the trunk still works, so keep it as a free storage box!
Hint: Mobs will not attack airborne vehicles, so get a Sleipnir from auction, which also allowys you to reach places you won't get to in a car. When attacked, simple jump in the aircraft, and the mob will lose all aggro and leave you alone. Perfectly safe in there.

Q: Why do I get killed all the time in a team hunt/during a tp run, while you are only healing yourselves?
When hunting with a healer, for Lootius' sake stay put and do not run around like a scared chirpy. Don't panick. If all fails, dieing is for free anyway. It is so much harder to heal moving targets, so show some faith and courage. Also do not jump around all the time please.

Q: My rocket launcher keeps getting stuck in auto-fire mode even if I did never use auto-fire?
This happens sometimes. Press ESC and wait until the firing ceases, then switch tool/weapon.

Q: I never did X/Y but I still get progress messages?
Professions use several contributing skills, so in time your profession will go up even when you never used it.

Q: I seem to have been kicked out of society chat / channel XY??

Ye olde chat bug struck again. Relog, that should fix it.

Q: I bought an item (Tomtebloss...), but I can't hotkey it nor move it in inventory?!?
Thanks to Avatar Sonnenschein, we can help you at least on the Tomtebloss things. Switch graphics to safe mode, then you should be able to move them around and hotkey etc. Might or might not work on other bugged items.

Q: I want to walk around looking for stones/fruit, but I rarely can find some.
Fruitwalking is a process based on random. It helps though to reduce the vegetation level. Set "Objects Quality" to "low" in options to get rid of all that annoying grass etc.
Back to top Go down

Beginner FAQ
Page 1 of 1