The Gladiators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Together in, together out since 2007

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How we got Saber from 0 -1900 Longblades FAST

Go down 
AuthorMessage

How we got Saber from 0 -1900 Longblades FAST Empty
PostSubject: How we got Saber from 0 -1900 Longblades FAST   How we got Saber from 0 -1900 Longblades FAST EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 1:19 am

This is the plan he followed. I did alot of the mentoring in terms of direct day to day involvement. Droops is his official mentor and helped with things like TP runs I couldn't do for him. Also the final big TROX hunt that got him over 1900. Wink

Saber started by sweatting 10k at swamp - no armor, no fap and no weapon

Selling off that sweat he bought a pair of 1x0 axes (Knowing what I do now I would tell folks to skip the 1x0 and just get a couple of tt swords)

He then did another 10k sweat with the provision he could only kill what he could sweat dry. (No armor no fap)

this got him 250ish evade whihc would prove to be invaluable in the next phase and he an I made a BIG mistake

he then made an appoximately 2000 PED depo

bought 4 2x0 axes, a vivo (eventually a couple of T5s, full rascal and 2 Honors)

He headed out N of camp caravan and did the sweat hunt thing on snables. Sweatting only until the beast charged then killing it. This skilled him fast up to about 1300 longblades. The mistake was he wasn't hit enough to get agi or evade. So effectively niether moved at all.

I sent him North of Fort Argus to tackle the beasts there thinking exas and snarks would allow for more hits and a bit more skills. This worked for a very short time at 1400 Longblades they were once again going down too fast to hit him.

So he tried the Cornudacaudas (the tentacle beasties) out there. He skilled much better on those but the loot sucked and he died way to much. SO he tried it again in pixie but the loot got worse and the skill gains dried up.

After a gift of a few gnome pieces he bought the remaining ones he needed and headed out to the tant place.Got all the way to 1850 longblades in about 4 hours (and picked up 8 Agi and about 100 evade in the process). Then was overloaded to the point of not being able to run so headed back to twin.

Of course with low agi and the dense MOBs that were out there today he couldn't get back to the tant place to finish so he hit the tants on atlas. After about a 25 point gain our Fearless leader took him hunting. Between a few Argo's and a Trox hunt Saber is now a graduate.

Now why did I post all this.

Because everyone knocks skilling in melee as expensive. I am going to be completely honest. 0-2000 Rifle cost me approximately 5000 PED.

0-1900 Longblades cost him 2000 PED.

you do the math Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How we got Saber from 0 -1900 Longblades FAST   How we got Saber from 0 -1900 Longblades FAST EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 1:43 am

I want to add my own bit of information to this.

I do NOT suggest the Twin tant area if your agi is under 30, and your evade is under 300 and you are less that level 3 paramedic.

You need the Agi just to get out there in one piece. Took me 10 tries with agi 22. Razz

Trying to actually hunt a dense spawn like that with low evade and poor fapping skills is an exercise in controlled death. A Vivo T5 that is near maxed can handle 4-5 beasts at once if they are below old. Once you have that many with alot of olds, providers or gaurdians all you can do is fap yourself to death and enjoy the evade and paramedic gains because you wont be able to stop long enough to fight.

My best advice dont do it till you can use the Vivo T10.

Snow does it with a FAP-28 but she pays big in decay.

Many Many of you have been a huge help to me along my path to graduation. And I send a BIG TY to everyone.

Especially Droops for putting up with my sick sense of humor for so long Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How we got Saber from 0 -1900 Longblades FAST   How we got Saber from 0 -1900 Longblades FAST EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 1:59 am

Good experience study

i tested the tants but i dont liked it ( need much money for decays & loot suckxxx No )

Gratz for graduation mate cheers
Back to top Go down
Droops
General
General
Droops

Male
Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: How we got Saber from 0 -1900 Longblades FAST   How we got Saber from 0 -1900 Longblades FAST EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 8:13 am

Thanks for posting, melee rocks affraid

Now that u almost graduated in need to get behind the crafting machine to make u some nice pink pants affraid

And to u both i think we can only be happy to have such nice people in our soc Wink

Maybe we should add the 10k sweat gathering to the ranking system Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://the-gladiators.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: How we got Saber from 0 -1900 Longblades FAST   How we got Saber from 0 -1900 Longblades FAST EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 12:52 pm

Droops wrote:
Thanks for posting, melee rocks affraid

Now that u almost graduated in need to get behind the crafting machine to make u some nice pink pants affraid

And to u both i think we can only be happy to have such nice people in our soc Wink

Maybe we should add the 10k sweat gathering to the ranking system Very Happy

Actually he should BE graduated only Rifle is 2k points...Longblades is 1900.

As for adding the sweat 10k to the rank system. I think every new player should sweat 10k bottles before they do anything else. That said I don't think many would keep playing if they had to do it. So that's a...Double edged sword. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How we got Saber from 0 -1900 Longblades FAST   How we got Saber from 0 -1900 Longblades FAST Empty

Back to top Go down

How we got Saber from 0 -1900 Longblades FAST
Page 1 of 1