The Gladiators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Together in, together out since 2007

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

EU and Linux

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mom
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2018-07-11

EU and Linux Empty
PostSubject: EU and Linux   EU and Linux EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 9:32 am

Being curious, I had another look at running EU with Linux. Tried it in 2017 last time, did not work, so did not expect much.

To my surprise now it runs out of the box (current OpenSUSE* Tumbleweed 64bit with Wine 4).  cheers

Since Wine can contain "windows installations" by means of a single command line, it is even no issue to have a ton of 64-bit clients open in parallel if you need that lol.

There are some issues of course. The nouveau video driver still does not have all features, so textures will be missing and items in inventory are sluggish to load (looking at the ground speeds up things a lot there). Might be okish with the proprietary nvidia driver but didn't bother to download that.
Experienced only rare crashes, mostly when downloading planets or closing game it just hangs. Kill the process and good again.

Didn't test much yet due to being busy currently but will do later for sure.

Overall I am really surprised how well it performs. Last time there was some issue with Cryengine, I remember "Games using Cryengine will probably never work" or something lol.
Nice work the linux community did there must say. Impressive.

Thats a huge step towards a windows free desktop for me again Smile

If you want to know details feel free to ask.

mom

*: Before I get nasty comments about German, yes you can even switch to dutch... it's on the bottom. "De beste keuze voor systeembeheerders, ontwikkelaars en bureaubladgebruikers." - whatever food that is Razz
Back to top Go down

EU and Linux
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Gladiators :: Mom's Dungeon :: Guides and Tutorials-
Jump to: