The Gladiators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Together in, together out since 2007

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chipping Optimizer Tool

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Droops
General
General
Droops

Male
Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Chipping Optimizer Tool Empty
PostSubject: Chipping Optimizer Tool   Chipping Optimizer Tool EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi,
I've made a tool to calculate the best way to chip-in, to reach a certain pro-standing level.
For instance, you are at level 42 in Laser Sniper, and you want to unlock Combat Sense (level 50). The question is: what do I have to chip and how much, from all the involved skills in that profession?
There are 3 factors to balance:
- At high skill levels, inserting a new chip has much lower effect than at low skills levels
- Certain skill contribute more than others to the pro-standing
- The price of certain skills is much higher than others.

So, this tool tells you (hopefully) the cheapest path to reach your target, considering all the factors above.

Give it a try at:

http://jdegre.net/pe/unlocker.php

It works with latest browsers, but probably not with older ones since it uses a lot of javascript and ajax-style interface.

Take into consideration that the calculations rely heavily on the function that maps skill-levels to chip-tt-value, and this function is quite unknown for high skill levels.

Also, the chip prices are taken from peauction, so take it with a grain of salt when it comes to actually finding all the chips required in auctions at that price.

All feedback is appreciated.

Edit: Latest features introduced:
- You can auto-fill your skills if you have them uploaded to PE-wiki
- You can calculate HP-chipping as well; it works the same as any other profession
- The recommended chipping now displays the markup % from peauction and the cost of each individual chip
- You can calculate your total skills, and use it as any other profession, to know your cheapest way to go, for instance, from 70k to 120k total skills.
- You can enter a cost limit in all chipping recommendations, so it is possible to say "I want to increase my HP, and I have 10k ped, what's the best way to spend them and how far will I get with it"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by jdegre; 06-09-2007 at 14:45..
Back to top Go down
https://the-gladiators.forumotion.com/

Chipping Optimizer Tool
Page 1 of 1